Students may petition to waive a rule or policy by submitting a Petition form, available at Gallatin’s Office of Academic Advising and Office of Student Services. Petitions are reviewed by the directors of the M.A. program. In any case in which a student wishes to appeal a petition decision, he or she may provide further information and request reconsideration of the decision.