Once a class is closed, you can add your name to the waitlist using Albert. If one of the students who is registered for the closed course drops it, the first person on the waitlist is automatically enrolled and all other students on the waitlist advance one position.
Important: Before adding your name to a course waitlist, you should also learn about the SWAP feature (in some cases you will need to waitlist through the SWAP tab on Albert to avoid registration issues.)
Adding your name to a course waitlist does not guarantee enrollment.
After a certain period (see below) course waitlists are deactivated for the term. If you have not been able to enroll in your waitlisted course by the time the waitlists have been deactivated, it is no longer an option for the term and it will not appear on your schedule.
If you plan to add your name to a course waitlist please be aware that:
Albert will give you the option to select the Wait List check-box during the enrollment process. If a position becomes available, you will be enrolled provided you meet the following requirements for enrollment off a course waitlist:
1. You meet the class requisites. You will not be enrolled if you have not met the class requisites.
2. You do not have any registration holds on your record. You will not be enrolled if you have any registration holds on your record.
3. There isn’t a time conflict between the waitlisted course and a course you are currently enrolled in. You will not be enrolled in a class if it conflicts in meeting times with another class in which you are currently enrolled. You can use the SWAP feature to avoid enrollment issues off the waitlist due to a time conflict. (See details on the SWAP feature below)
4. Enrollment in the waitlisted course will not put you above your unit limit for the term. You will not be enrolled in more units than you were cleared for in a given term. You can use the SWAP feature to avoid enrollment issues off the waitlist due to your unit limit. (See details on the SWAP feature below)
Monitoring you Position on the Waitlist
When you want to replace one class on your schedule with another, the SWAP function is a way to ensure that the class you want to remove from your schedule is not dropped until you are successfully enrolled in the class that you want to add.
If you add your name to a course waitlist and a position in the class opens up you will not be enrolled in the course if:
To prevent registration issues with time conflicts and unit limits, you should use the SWAP function to waitlist for a course instead of selecting the waitlist option during the enrollment process. Using the SWAP will ensure that you are not “skipped over” when a position in the class opens up.
1. Log on to your Student Center on Albert.
2. Select the Enrollment tab.
3. Click the SWAP tab.
4. Select the course from your schedule that can be dropped.
5. Enter the Class Number of the preferred class.
6. In some cases, Waitlist for the preferred class.
7. Finish Swapping
(Visit the SWAP Insturction pdf for instructional screen-shots)