Gallatin has a small budget to support your course and will reimburse you for course activities, such as a fieldtrip to a museum or a theatrical performance, or an outing that brings students together outside of the classroom. These funds can also be used to purchase snacks for your class or to buy supplies for a class project.
To request funding, please fill out the online Course Funding Request form. Once you complete the form, it will be sent to Marissa Hajtler for approval.
- Instructors may request up to $10 per person for a class outing or special event. If you are taking students to a theatrical performance, you may request additional funding (see below).
- Requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks before event (and much earlier if Gallatin needs to purchase theatre tickets for you).
- Most expenses are paid by reimbursement, though some may be paid in advance as long as there is enough lead time.
- After the activity, please submit your receipts to Priya Patel, and please follow University guidelines on reimbursement.
- Please note that Gallatin does not reimburse for the cost of alcoholic beverages, and alcohol consumption among under-aged students is prohibited.
- This funding is not available for non-classroom courses such as independent studies and tutorials.
- Gallatin cannot reimburse students for any purchases made for class activities; instructors must make all purchases themselves and submit receipts for reimbursement.
Additional Funding for Theatre Tickets
You may request funding for theatre tickets, as long as the performance is fundamental for your course. Many tickets can be ordered through NYU’s Ticket Central, and the faculty services office is happy to make these arrangements for you. Please note the following:
- Advance notice is necessary and there is a group ticket minimum of twenty.
- After the faculty services office submits your request for tickets, it may take up to a week before we know whether or not tickets were available.
- For productions that are not normally sold out, you should submit your request at least 4 weeks in advance (please be sure to include the date and time of the performance).
- For popular productions that are typically sold out, you should submit your request at least two months in advance.
- Cash-only tickets cannot be purchased through NYU’s Ticket Central.
If for some reason we are unable to purchase tickets through NYU (either because there is not enough notice, the tickets are cash only, or the tickets are not available through this service), you will need to purchase the tickets yourself and Gallatin will reimburse you.
If you have questions about any of the above, please feel free to contact Marissa Hajtler.