Capacity: 24 people
The Art Studio is an open work space for the creation of art in various media and serves as a seminar classroom.
Seminar – rolling tables may be arranged for a seminar or meeting with chairs around the outside. This is the default setup for this room.
Open floor plan – rolling tables may be collapsed and stored with chairs to create a small rehearsal space.
1. Please do not enter the Art Studio before the reservation start time; please do not stay in the Art Studio past the end of the reservation.
2. Food and beverages, with the exception of water, are not permitted in the Art Studio.
3. The following materials are not permitted the Art Studio: open flames, glitter, oil based paint, or spray paint. If you have questions about materials you'd like to bring into the room, please contact the 4th floor reception desk.
4. Storing personal items in the Art Studio is not permitted. Under the supervision of Gallatin faculty, students enrolled in arts workshops and other courses may store class projects in the available storage spaces during the semester when the workshop or course is in session. Any items left in the storage areas beyond the semester will be removed.
4. Do not affix any items to the floors, walls, or ceiling of the Art Studio. Do not hang any items from the beams or lights that run across the ceiling. The grey pin board is available to display artwork.
5. Do not remove any furniture from the Art Studio.
6. Building or painting sets or props is not allowed on Gallatin premises.
7. Report all issues (condition or room or furniture, technology or lighting problems, etc.) to the reception desk on the 4th floor immediately.
8. The Art Studio must be left in a clean and orderly condition at end of the reservation time, with furniture returned to the seminar configuration and with lights and audio visual equipment turned off.