In order to enroll in a Stern graduate course, Gallatin students must email the Stern-Cross Registration excel form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy their academic adviser. Stern will not accept cross-registration forms directly from students or advisers.
Stern will grant permission to a Gallatin student to enroll provided:
1) Confirm that you have met the prerequisite requirement
2) Make sure you will not exceed the 6 unit limit for the term
3) Make sure you will not exceed the overall 15 unit maximum for Stern courses
1) Taken the pre-requisite courses at Stern.
To verify, enter the prerequisite course information directly the Cross Registration form. You can access the course descriptions and prerequisites on Stern’s Registration Website.
2) Earned an Undergraduate Major or Master’s degree in the course subject area.
Documented proof (an unofficial transcript listing the degree) must be attached to the form. Find out applicable undergraduate/graduate degrees to establish proficiency in a pre-requisite core.
3) Passed a Stern Proficiency Exam.
4) Obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. Documented proof must be attached to the form.
1) If your request is approved by Stern, a seat will be reserved for you will be notified via email.
2) Students will only have 2 weeks from the date of approval to register for the course. Once the two weeks are up, the reservation will expire. Stern will not extend the deadlines..
What you should know
If you have any questions regarding Stern cross registration please contact the Gallatin Office of Student Services at email@example.com.