In order to enroll in a Stern graduate course, Gallatin students must submit the Stern-Cross Registration form to Andrea Buchanan in the Gallatin Office of Student Services. Stern will not accept cross-registration forms directly from students or advisers.
Stern will grant permission to a Gallatin student to enroll provided:
1) Confirm that you have met the prerequisite requirement
2) Make sure you will not exceed the 6 unit limit for the term
3) Make sure you will not exceed the overall 15 unit maximum for Stern courses
1) Taken the pre-requisite courses at Stern.
To verify, enter the prerequisite course information directly the Cross Registration form. You can access the course descriptions and prerequisites on Stern’s Registration Website.
2) Earned an Undergraduate Major or Master’s degree in the course subject area.
Documented proof (an unofficial transcript listing the degree) must be attached to the form. Find out applicable undergraduate/graduate degrees to establish proficiency in a pre-requisite core.
3) Passed a Stern Proficiency Exam. To request registration for a Stern Proficiency Exam, have your adviser email his/her approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your student information.
4) Obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. Documented proof must be attached to the form.
1) If your request is approved by Stern, a seat will be reserved for you will be notified via email.
2) Students will only have 2 weeks from the date of approval to register for the course. Once the two weeks are up, the reservation will expire. Stern will not extend the deadlines..
What you should know
If you have any questions regarding registration for a Stern course, please contact Andrea Buchanan in the Gallatin Office of Student Services at (212) 998-7345 or email@example.com. Thank you.