TheGallatin Review, an annual journal of student poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual art, is edited by students under faculty supervision. Each year, awards are given to outstanding published works. The book is published during the spring semester, with a reading by writers and an exhibit of the art published in the new volume.
Now accepting submissions for volume 33!
Prose (fiction and non-fiction) - Maximum 2 submissions per author, in .doc/docx format. Generally pieces should not exceed 5,000 words.
Poetry - Maximum 4 poems per author, in .doc/docx format.
Visual Art - Maximum 6 images; Photos should be around 2500X2500, 300 dpi or higher. Please send illustrations in editable format for scaling (not jpg).
1. Each submission must be sent as a separate file.
2. All files should be labeled as follows: firstname_lastname_numberofsubmission.filetype
3. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "GR33 submission in [GENRE]"
Example: GR33 submission in [VISUAL ART] or [PROSE] or [POETRY]
4. Please include the title of each submission in the body of your email.
5. One student may submit more than one genre; however, simultaneous submissions (i.e., when an author submits the same piece to more than one journal for consideration) is strongly discouraged.